I think how we talk to our children sets the tone for the way they see themselves and how they respond to others. I feel when I speak to my children kindly while setting my emotions to the side, I find that their behavior enhances and they are more driven. They are confident and more successful in school. Life itself is just better. Sometimes it is hard and I get that. Parenting can be the most challenging job because their are so many emotions and it is a 24/7 committment. For myself, I wouldnt be the girl I am today if it wasnt for my children, and I wouldnt be where I am today. I wouldnt have a purpose to get up and go out into the world. I would feel so lost.
I have found using positive reinforcment truly is effective. We are all moved by words of encouragment.
1. You are loved
2. You make me smile
3. My world is better with you in it.
4. Sometimes I will say no.
5. You are creative.
6. Your ideas are worthwhile.
7. You are capable.
8. You are deserving.
9. You are strong.
10. Your choices matter.
11. You make a difference.
12. Your emotions may be powerful.
13. You are a good friend.
14. You don’t have to like what someone is saying in order to treat them with respect.
15. You can learn from your mistakes.
16. You can ask for help.
17. You are learning.
18. You are growing.
19. I believe in you.
20. You are valuable.
21. You are beautiful.
22. When you make a mistake you are still beautiful.
23.You are important.
24. Your ideas matter.
25. I see you working and learning every day.
26. You make a difference in my life.
27. How did you do that?
28. You’ve made me think of things in a completely new way.
29. I’m excited to see what you do.
30. Thanks for helping me.
31. It’s fun to do things with you.
32. I’m glad you’re here.
33. I’m happy to talk with you.
34. I’m listening.
35. I’m proud of you.
36. I’m grateful you’re in my life
37. I love you.
I will be forever grateful for my sweet boys.
chat soon! xo